Cars and Clubs was a digest-sized ("little") magazine started by John Hall in Bloomington, MN. The editor was Ron Johnson (from Minneapolis), and the technical editor was Bill McDonald.
Mr Hall wanted to create a regional magazine covering hot rod, customs and drag racing. With Minnesota as the center, the magazine reviewed clubs, hot rods, car shows, racing events and customs in Indiana, Kansas, and the Dakotas. The tag line for the magazine was "Owned and Operated by Hotrodders", and it sold for $.25.
The title debuted in early 1958 and was well received in the Midwest. Only 14 issues were produced through July, 1959.
The table of contents can be seen by clicking on the icon.
The publisher did not provide paid circulation data to N.W. Ayer.
All cover images are complete, but we are still collecting tables of contents pages.